As you transition from school to independent adulthood, participating in the EWC program can positively impact your life by helping you explore the pathway to future employment. This program is an amazing opportunity to explore your interests, develop your employment skills, sample a ton of work environments, and practice your social and communication skills. It might even help you get to know your "working self" better!
Our EmploymentWorks Canada participants are:
- Young adults who have been diagnosed with ASD
- Between the ages of 15-29
- No longer attending school
- Willing to participate in a 12-week training program, including orientation and wrap-up sessions.
- Able to follow a fairly fast-paced program around a grade 7 or 8 level.
- Equipped with a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Able to travel autonomously or to arrange transport to various local organizations
- Able to adapt to changing work environments and tasks.
There is currently no charge to participate in the EWC program.
We are currently accepting applications for our Spring and Fall 2018 editions of EWC in Montreal.
For more information on participant admission, contact our program coordinator, Rakhee Chowdhury at [email protected].