Assessment services for pre-school children
Children who are 5 years old or younger who are currently on a public healthcare sector partner site and who meet the following eligibility criteria may be contacted by one of our referring partners to be assessed at the See Things My Way Assessment Centre:
- Both parents and/or both legal guardians are willing to sign a consent form (dossiers without both signatures cannot be accepted)
- The child has not had a previous assessment (no second opinions or already confirmed ASD/ID/GDD).
- The child must already be registered on the waiting list at the public healthcare sector partner site (not a new referral).
- The child must not already be under investigation for developmental difficulties at the referring partner site.
- The child must not have a sibling already followed at the referring partner site.
- The child and family must be able to communicate in English or French.
The referring centers select the children who will be referred to the See Things My Way Assessment Centre. Children who have been waiting longest for an assessment are prioritized.